- This event has passed.
Barclays Gateway Event
May 23, 2019 | 18:00 - 20:00Buy Now
Thanks for travelling with me on the WineTubeMap, I hope you enjoyed your journey, it was great meeting you all!
The wines you tasted are all listed below and you can find out more about the styles by clicking on the station links on the right.
All of the wines are available from Cork & Cask which is an independent in Edinburgh, at this point in time they don’t do online sales so if you would like to order some of the wines please let me know and I’ll help you source them.
To remind you, here’s the order they were in and the sensory element :
STATION 1 – Aromatic Line with Jelly bean and sushi
- Very perfumed dry white from Sicily – Zibbibo is a relation to the Muscat grape
STATION 2 – White Central with seaside sounds
- Your top wine of the night! Vinho verde-esque spritzy, dry white from the Basque country. Pronounced Tchak-oh-lee
STATION 3 – White Central with crisps and seeded oatcake topped with whipped feta, asparagus and preserved lemon
- Classic and classy French Sauvignon
- Creamy, slightly floral and smooth
STATION 4 – Red Central with salt and Pork and Pistachio sausage rolls
- Rustic, spicy berry flavoured red
- Juicy and smooth with a hint of perfume
STATION 5 – REVELATION Line with popcorn
- Full bodied, intense but smooth too
- Full bodied, structured with dark fruits
STATION 6 – EASY LOOP with polenta cake
- Sweet and fragrant with a spritz